Saturday, April 17, 2010

Blog 11

Maybe homework is a good thing even when students dread the very word. When I was in elementary school I use to do my homework as soon as I got home from school, and in high school I used to do it at the bus stop, on the bus, and before class started. Then when I had math class my teacher would assign us homework, but wouldn’t check until after we had finished a chapter and I would save all my homework till then and do it all. I found out that doing the homework actually helps you get ready for tests and actually allows more practice for you to do before the test. Even though I still leave my homework till the last minute I have gotten better at doing the homework a couple days before the homework is do instead of doing it five minutes to an hour before class.
I think the reason many of us hate homework is because we would rather watch T.V., play video games, play outside, or hang with our friends and have a good time from going to school and listening to teachers and actually using a brain to do mental work. Who wants to use their brain after class is over, I know I don’t, but I have to learn how to do the school work in order to go on to a different class or to graduate. I know in the end it will be worth doing the homework even though it can be nerve racking, but I’m going to have to master if I want to have a job that I like and that pays me good money. Since I have now realized how awesome homework really helps me to pass my classes, I just have to pass down this great wisdom to my brother since he doesn’t want to do his homework or understands why he has to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment