Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Blog 8

What if Tennessee had a month of darkness like Alaska has? Tennessee having thirty nights of darkness would make me hibernate and sleep more than I do now. Even though there isn’t that many people that live in Alaska, most of the people who do leave when they have the month of darkness. The reason for that is because people get depressed. I would also imagine that people’s electric bill is also high because of some much electric being used during the day. I would be shocked to know what the whole state average electric bill would be since there is more people in Tennessee than there is in Alaska. I would also think more people in Tennessee would be more depressed because people in Tennessee never experienced thirty nights of darkness before.
I wonder what people in Tennessee would do during the day while it is dark because there are a lot of things that people can’t do in the dark that they can do in the day. Would still be dangerous for kids too to be out during the day of the darkness like it is on a normal night? Even though people do get robbed during the day I bet it would be worst since it would be dark and nobody would be able to see them. I realize I might not survive the darkness if it ever could happen because I wouldn’t want to go outside when I cannot see anything lurking around the corners. Not just Alaska goes through a month of darkness because there are other countries in the very north near the Arctic that go through a couple of months of darkness. Personally I would like to know how people can go that long in total darkness and just have the moon to illuminate the ground.

1 comment:

  1. I really like this blog. It made me think. I think that our biological clocks would be somewhat off balance. The thought of the cost of an electricity bill is kind of frightening.

    ReplyDelete